What it means to be on the PCO Board of Directors…
Board members are the fiduciaries who steer the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as by making sure the Prescott Chamber Orchestra has adequate resources to advance its mission.
Mission: Prescott Chamber Orchestra mission is twofold:
- To develop a chamber orchestra for performing classical orchestral programs for the enrichment of the greater Prescott area.
- To offer scholarships, instruction and performance opportunities for students to further their musical education.
The Board will support the work of the Prescott Chamber Orchestra and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by board president, the president/board relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Board Participation and Commitment:
Prescott Chamber Orchestra Board meetings will be held monthly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings. Board membership assumes commitment and personal decorum as follows:
- Regularly attends Board and important related meetings.
- Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and report.
- Gets to know other committee board members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Is an active participant in fund raising for the organization.
Join Our Board:
Help Us Continue To Bring Beautiful Music To Our Community!
– Board President
– Funds Development
– Volunteer Coordinator
– Music Librarian & Admin Support
Individual job descriptions for open positions can be downloaded by clicking the following link:
PCO-Job Descriptions (Adobe PDF)
If you have questions or are interested in applying for one of our open positions, contact Fran Willes at: